Saturday, May 1, 2004
No more classes!
Classes for my first year of graduate school are officially over! I feel like the school year flew by. I always feel like that after the fact. During the school year, days seems to go by pretty slowly. I don't think it has hit me that classes are over until Monday comes around and I don't have to go anywhere. I have exams on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then I'm really done with my first year of grad school. Last night a couple friends and I went out to celebrate the end of classes. I don't really know where all the "cool hangouts" are (I feel like I'm still new to the area!) so when they asked if I wanted to go to "Bricktop" I thought that was a great idea. Bricktop is a dancing type of club. I love to dance, but usually to Top 40 songs that I've heard of on the radio. At Bricktop, they played a lot of techno. I don't understand how people dance to techno. People just throw their hands all over the place and pretend that every song doesn't sound exactly the same. I kept thinking I was going to hear a familiar song from Dance Dance Revolution, since that is the extent of my techno knowledge, but nope. Despite the music, it was still a good time because it's the people you're with that counts. Who knows? Maybe I'll go back sometime :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment