Tuesday, May 18, 2004

California

Matt and I met up at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi today . The mall itself is pretty nice except that they try too hard to be like Somerset. Somerset is just way too classy and awesome to be compared with any other mall in Michigan. Anyway, whenever I go shopping these days I'm always trying to find something I can wear in California. As you know, Heather and I are going in mid-July for about a week to look at graduate schools and mostly have fun. At the mall, I tell Matt that I am trying to figure out what I should wear in California and after saying that, I realized a bunch of stores are geared toward showing what Californians are all about. Hollister for instance seems like a surfer's paradise with tons of board shorts and the whole beach feeling. Abercrombie has many shirts with Cali city logos and one that even said "If you are a California surfer, I'm single." Weird. Finally, American Eagle (I think it was that store, either that one or Wet Seal or maybe both!) played some song that talked about how cool California is. With all of this stuff unconciously ingrained in our minds, it's no wonder that everyone wants to live there. I think I know at least 10 people from UM or Troy who have moved there. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great state for weather and young night life, but it's just interesting how having a California-inspired clothes line sells.

On a completely different topic, Congrats to Janette and Dan for the new addition to the family :)

Mood star- I'm not very sick, I'm just a little under the weather. Hopefully it'll go away before Krista's bridal shower and Justin's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment