Sunday, May 30, 2004

Bowling Green

I'm back from a weekend in AA. Actually the first night (Friday) we went to Bowling Green. I had never been there and I was surprised that it was just a small town near Toledo surrounded by farmland because I'm used to college towns being like Ann Arbor or Lincoln. I don't know if the people who live there decided to leave for the long weekend, but it didn't seem like there was anything to do. We went to a hangout where there were pool tables, etc. and there weren't many people there. Also we went to Christina's friend's house afterwards and that wasn't fun either. So I was not that impressed with the city. I guess I could have been in a bad mood, but nonetheless, I don't think I'm going back there.
On a higher note, I spent the next day at Courtney's and we watched Kill Bill Vol.1. It wasn't a movie I necessarily wanted to see, but I heard good things about it and since Courtney had it, we decided it was a good choice. It ended up being pretty good. I expected it to be a little weird after seeing Pulp Fiction, which was also directed by Tarrantino. So if you go into the movie with that mindset, it was well done. It was also bloody, but again you expect that with the title "Kill Bill."
Oh and a few days ago I watched "Bowling for Columbine" with Heather and that was a very good documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment