It has officially begun. Matt is driving off to Boston today to start his internship. He'll be there for ten weeks. Luckily we arranged a few visits so I'll be able to see him a few times during the summer. Even so, long distance relationships are really no fun.
On an unrelated note, I went to Krista's bridal shower today. The shower was held at the same area where the wedding will be, I think it's called St. John's. The property has a golf and conference center, along with a chapel and ballrooms. It's a pretty nice place. At the shower we ate lunch and played a few games. One of the games was to clip a clothespin on to your clothing and then you're not allowed to say "Matt" or "Matthew" throughout the whole shower (Matt is the groom's name). If you do, you have to give your pin to the person you were talking to. The person who has the most pins at the end of the shower wins. It seemed a little unfair to me since my boyfriend's name is Matt as well!
I didn't really know many people there. I came with Steph so that was good. I also talked to Susie and Mrs. Milas. They are both so nice. Most of the women there were older. Stephanie and I were probably the youngest there (well except for the baby!). Then Krista opened her gifts, which took the majority of the time. I've decided that having a bridal shower is a good idea. Krista received so many gifts from her wedding registry and then her and Milas get more gifts for the wedding. That'll pretty much guarantee that there will be hardly any shopping to do to complete the new house. Brilliant.
No comments:
Post a Comment