Tuesday, May 25, 2004

tornado alley

I'll be going back to Lincoln the weekend after next. I'm a little excited and nervous. I'm excited because I'll be able to see my other friends and take classes. I have been off for three weeks and I'm ready to get back in the groove. Like I said earlier, I always need to be doing something. I hope the classes aren't too fast. The thing with summer classes is that they are everyday so you need to be studying and doing homework just as often.
I'm also nervous about going back because of this:


Apparently there have been almost 80 tornadoes in the state this past month. This is a pretty recent picture from Ashley that was taken on May 22nd. It hit outside of Lincoln in a nearby town. The town only has one house left! Luckily bigger cities like Lincoln don't usually get tornadoes, it's the open areas that are hit. The crazy storms that swept across the state have subsided somewhat, but I heard that tornado season doesn't end until the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment