Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Cleaning can be fun.

These past few days have been pretty relaxing. I didn't have anything planned so I basically slept in and caught up on a TON of things. It's weird not having homework, a job, and no commitments. I'm in limbo because I am one of those people that always needs to be doing something. I cannot just sit around when something could be getting accomplished in that time period. With all this free time I decided to clean my room. My mom was pretty happy to hear this and thought it was a great idea. I've had boxes in my room for a while. They tend to accumulate and get pushed on the wayside while I'm moving between residences in Ann Arbor. Now that I'm home for almost a month I thought I should tackle the mess.
Cleaning a room can actually be fun (seriously!) when it's been a couple years. For those of you shocked that I haven't cleaned my room in a couple years, you'll be relieved to know that it was basically clean, except for the 6 or 7 boxes and "stuff" throughout the room. Anyway, it was fun because I started going through all of my memories. There were the college pictures and sorority mementos. Then I proceeded to my desk and found old reports and papers. It took me a whole day just to do that section since I found myself reading everything. It was so amusing. It made me want to keep it all, but being the closet pack-rat I am, I decided to pitch what needed to be pitched. I hadn't even made a dent in my room and already have a few bags going to the Salvation Army and a bag of trash. Hopefully by June, my room will be PERFECT.
The mood star is hot because it was hot all day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment