Sunday, May 16, 2004

Ann Arbor weekend

This past weekend I had a really good time in Ann Arbor. All of my friends who lived in Troy are now all out of Troy working at jobs elsewhere in New York, Chicago, Ann Arbor, etc. Therefore, when I want to hang out with a bunch of people I have to drive at least an hour to do so. On Friday night, I arrived at Steph's place. She and her roommate Dawna got a cute kitten and named her Soleil (for all you non-Francophiles, it's pronounced "so-lay" and means "sun" in French). She is so small and innocent until you realize that she loves to pounce and scratch ANYTHING. Also I am allergic to cats so I had to load up on Benadryl before coming over. Anyways, Steph, Dawna, Courtney, Geoff (Matt's cousin) and Matt and I all got together a little bit later at Steph's. We euchred it up, of course, and Matt and I won as usual :P . Then we headed to Rick's. No one was dancing yet and it was already midnight. By that time the place is usually packed and the dance floor is also packed. People started dancing a little bit later, but not enough to qualify as a crowded bar.
The next day I went to Matt's cousin's wedding (Not Geoff, a different cousin). The ceremony took place in a Lutheran church in Pinckney. I've never been to Pinckney (I'm not even sure if I'm spelling it right), but it seemed like a pretty hick town. I could be wrong but I came to that conclusion after seeing a few tractors for sale on a couple lawns. The actual ceremony was very nice. The reception was right after and held in Ann Arbor. It was pretty fun. I liked how the couple compiled a CD of their favorite love songs and placed several on each table as a memento of their wedding. I don't know if that's a common thing to do, but I thought it was creative especially since I'm a huge fan of mixed CDs. It also seems that people have a much better time when there is an open bar. I went to a wedding where there wasn't an open bar and everyone looked really bored. haha
After the reception, I met up with my friends again for Kelly's bachelorette party, which consisted of going to Dominicks, Charley's and then Rick's. Since I was a little late I just met up with them as they were getting ready to leave Charley's. [Sidenote: When I arrived at Charley's everyone said their Hi's and then Kelly asked "When's your bachleorette party going to be?" to which others responded "yeah we're waiting." Now it's always awkward when people bring up these kinds of subjects especially when you have no idea how to respond. It's like when you're young and people start asking you if you have a boyfriend.] Kelly had a tiara in her hair, which I thought was pretty cute since the party was in her honor and all. Rick's was fun except for the fact that I was there the night before. Since it was a Saturday night, the place was actually crowded. Courtney and one of Kelly's friends got a drink that was placed in a wide glass bowl with a bunch of straws in it. It was tequila, blue caraco, and something else (gin?) I tasted it and it was horrible. I didn't even know you could get drinks in bowls, haha. A lot of people complimented me on my outfit. I bought a skirt from Urban Outfitters earlier that day. It reminded me of the skirts they have in "Mean Girls." I wore that to the bachelorette party and when we got to Rick's several people asked where I had gotten it or that it was really cute. That was awesome.
All in all I had a very jam-packed fun-filled weekend. I'll be back in AA next weekend for a bridal shower (well, in Plymouth) and another wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment