Thursday, July 22, 2004

"When the sun comes up on Santa Monica Boulevard"

The "red-eye" trip on the greyhound into Hollywood was a little too crazy for me. The people were normal and we were on time, but there was no room to sleep and I kept waking up with the announcements of stops on the intercom and when the driver stopped for some Burger King. Even so, I guess I kind of slept the whole time. The trip was roughly from 11pm-7am. I felt a little lightheaded when the trip was over and my feet felt tight in my shoes. I guess that's what happens when you sit too long! I was fine after a few minutes...
We took a cab to Sunset and Fairfax, which was about 2 miles away from the Hollywood greyhound station. Yeah that was $10.40, what a rip off. We walked the last mile to the hostel to save money. We passed Santa Monica Boulevard, which reminded me of the Sheryl Crow song (which she apparently stole from a poem!). Now we're at our hostel and can't check in until noon, so Heather and I are chilling on the Internet. It's a good thing time flies by on the internet.
We're going to "The Ivy" for dinner tonight. It's supposed to be a star-studded resturant so I will have my camera handy. I heard the paparazzi stand across the street to try to get pictures of celebs coming and going, how annoying! One of our roommates from San Fran said he saw Ben Affleck on the street while he was near the Kodak Theater. I feel like I'm not going to see a celebrity in the 1 1/2 days I'm here, but there's always hope.
Sidenote: I totally forgot to mention that we went to Ghiradelli Square yesterday for lunch, it was sweet (Heather that's a pun for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment