Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Random Interests of Mine

I watched some Jeopardy today. I mean after all it is one of my favorite shows. Ken won for the 30th time today. A few years ago the rule was that once you were a 5 time champion, you got a pair of cars plus the money you earned and you were done. Now there is no cap to how many times you can win. I bet the producers of the show were not expecting Ken to come along. He graduated from BYU and is representing well. He has beaten every record other Jeopardy contestants have set except for the one day total, which he has tied ($52,000). Today he hit the $1,000,000 mark. Hopefully he'll be written up in the paper because I feel that he has accomplished an incredible feat.
I think it's cool to be so well rounded in a variety of subjects such as Ken. However, sometimes I think I know useless knowledge that will only help me in Trivial Pursuit or when I "play" Jeopardy from home. Perhaps when I'm on Jeopardy one day (which will never happen because I'm not gutsy enough to try out) the facts will come in handy.
I don't mind learning anything, but there are some subjects that I am more interested in. Besides math I really like learning about the weather and maps. I have no idea where these interests came from, maybe traveling or something. I guess that's why I can watch the weather channel forever and Matt will wonder why I'm not watching something "more interesting." haha
I also used to do a ton of reading. I stopped reading for pleasure a while ago when I was taking college classes non-stop. Now I'm back on track and am reading "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. It is really good so far. I want to read "Da Vinci Code" next since I heard it was really well written. I kind of urged Matt to read "A Prayer for Owen Meany," one of my favorite books. I think I may reread that one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment