Saturday, July 3, 2004

Karoake and Fireworks

Last night I went to a karaoke bar with some friends. As I have said before I've been to karaoke bars several times and have only sang once with 5-6 other people. I don't like having everyone looking at me while I'm on stage, but in a group I feel fine because it's obviously different. The weird thing is I don't mind being the center of attention when I'm NOT on stage, such as a party or gathering. That's got to be the definition of stage fright right there. Anyway so Shannon never sings at karaoke bars either, but we had this urge to go since the people we were with had no reservations about going on stage. We decided to sing "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys, that way we were thinking that people would sing along and not listen to us. When it was our turn we got up there and were so BAD. I think I'm an okay singer, but when I went up there and heard myself being projected throughout the room I sounded worse! Apparently no one thought we were horrible, cause we asked some people we didn't know for some honest opinions and they all said we were ok. One couple didn't even know we had gone up! So that felt a little reassuring to know we didn't ruin anyone's night, haha. Later we sang Crazy by Britney Spears and didn't care if we were bad or not. :)

The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. This is probably because for as long as I can remember my family would see the fireworks downtown, BBQ, and just all around have a good time. This year I was convinced I would not be able to see the fireworks or my family. Well the latter is true since I'm going home next weekend and it's a waste of money to buy a plane ticket for this weekend. However, I got to see fireworks! As I was talking to Matt on the phone this evening, I heard all of these noises from my window. They sounded like gunshots! But then again I've never really heard a gunshot, except in movies, and I'm on a college campus where gunshots do not usually happen. I looked outside and saw that it was fireworks and pretty far away, which is why the sound wasn't as obvious to me. So I got a nice viewing of fireworks from my window and didn't have to travel anywhere to see them. What a nice surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment