Monday, July 19, 2004

First day of California

I just remembered something that happened at the Scott's wedding that I thought was funny. This guy at our table was telling the weirdest stories and so he became a source of entertainment for Matt and I at the reception. At one point we caught a part of his story where he said something like "Yeah I lived with her for a year, but I do not remember what her name was! She was so annoying, she would come home drunk every night at 2am and start playing Somewhere Out There on the piano. I hated her." We could not stop laughing, why would this guy even be dating her?? haha
Anyway so Heather and I arrived in California around 10:30 am PST. It was cool flying over the Rockies. It sure beats all the square plots I see in the midwest all the time. We arrived in Oakland, CA, and took the train to San Francisco. We had to go uphill (and if you've ever been to SF, uphill means going up a mountain!) with our luggage for several blocks to our hostel. It took a lot of work especially after a 5 hour flight. But we're here and all settled in. We're in a room with 3 bunk beds. There's only one other person in our room, but we haven't met them. They might be Australian since we spotted some Australian currency on the table.
We're going to meet up with Heather's friend, MJM, for dinner. I do not know why he goes by his initials...I will find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment