I decided several years ago that when I get a job, not just a summer job, a REAL job, I'm going to get laser eye surgery. I can't imagine putting contacts on, or even glasses, every day of my life. My mom has had perfect vision all her life until recently, so I definitely inherited my lack of vision from my dad.
I just watched an episode of Newlyweds where Jessica Simpson went in to get her "eyes fixed." Before surgery, the doctor asked her to read the lowest line on the eye chart, and she couldn't read any line! After surgery she could read everything. My eyesight isn't nearly as bad so fixing my eyes should be a breeze. :)
Lasik surgery is becoming really common now so maybe in a few years when I have it done, it'll be more affordable (right now I think it's $500/eye, don't quote me on that). I would also want to go to a doctor that I trust. My sister's friend has had it done, and her mom works in the medical field, so I would feel safe with the eye doctor she went to.
I don't know the details of the surgery but I do know it involves making an incision on your eyeball! The reason why people are nearsighted or farsighted has to do with the shape of the eye, so the surgeon reshapes it. The surgery itself is pretty short and then your eyes are sore and sensitive to light for a day. It does not sound like fun, but I think it would be worth a day of suffering to have perfect vision.
No comments:
Post a Comment