Last night we went out with our roommates to an Irish pub. There was some sort of reception going on in the back area. They were really squished sitting at tables and looked very out of place. Note to self: Do not have a wedding reception in an Irish pub. Our roommates, Mark and Steve, are from England and it's so funny to hear them say what they think is weird about the US. They had never heard of sororities or fraternities in college so Heather and I explained what they were. They thought it was the stupidest thing. We also have a roommate from New York who is studying medicine at Columbia and our English friends thought it was crazy she had to pay for medical school! haha
Anyway, so today we checked out San Francisco State University since Heather might apply there for grad school. They campus was so modern looking with abstract art, etc. Very different from the ivy-like campus of Michigan that I am used to. I'm not going to lie, I do like Michigan better.
We just got back from visiting Fisherman's Wharf, which is a very touristy place. There's a view of Alcatraz and a ton of seafood restaurants and shops. We really got a workout walking up and down hills all over the city.
Now we're going to eat leftovers from our Italian dinner yesterday and hang around until tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment