Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Pools and Schools

On my brother's lj, there is a baby pic of me. Ash, you THOUGHT I'd be embarrassed, but I wasn't. :)


Here it is again. I actually put it up here because our ex-pool is in the background. We moved from Madison Heights to Troy when I was around 4-5 for a few reasons. One was because of the pool. My parents liked it, but it was too much work. I wish we had that pool after I learned how to swim. There are a ton of pictures of my sister swimming around in it and then someone's either carrying me or I'm in the kiddie pool. Oh well.
Another reason we moved is because of the school district. My mom started driving my sister and I to Troy schools while we were living in Madison Heights because of the better school system. And then when we did move to Troy, we obviously took the bus. When I have kids, I would definitely not let them go to a sub-par public school system and I would drive them to a better one if I had to, like my mom. Only the best.
I know that International Academy is ranked #1 public school in the country by USNews and that's in Bloomfield Hills. Troy High (sup), the other Bloomfield high schools (Andover, Lahser, possibly Cranbrook), and the B-ham schools (Seaholm, Groves) are all in the top 100, and not coincidentally in Oakland County. Matt has some interviews coming up in Southfield, Detroit, etc. And I will be looking for jobs in the suburb area, so we'll be around a lot of good school systems (and probably a lot of pools, haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment