Here's how Matt proposed:
Last Tuesday, September 28th, Matt told me he didn't feel like eating on E. Campus for dinner, instead he thought we should go out. I told him that it's probably not a good night since I had my step class that evening. He suggested I skip it, and Matt never says that, so I knew something was up! I also thought it was a random day to go out to eat and we should just wait until the weekend. Matt then said, "It's not so random, do you know what today is?" Without thinking I asked if it was our anniversary and worried that I had forgotten! He then said, "No that's in January! Today was the day I first said I love you four years ago." I was very impressed he remembered that since we don't usually celebrate it. That evening Matt took me to the Cornhusker Hotel, the fanciest hotel in Lincoln. After dinner, Matt reached into his suit pocket (yes he dressed up for dinner!) and pulled out a gray ring box and had this little speech prepared. At the end of the speech, a now-emotional Matt said "I said I loved you four years ago and I love you more every day." Then he got down on one knee to propose while other people looked on. Of course I said yes!


Here's my engagement ring. I used bluenile.com to "build" my engagement ring for all of you to see!

And here is the happy couple after dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment