Friday, October 15, 2004

Fall Break

I am so glad it's the weekend, but it's not just any weekend, it's FALL BREAK for us! Therefore, I don't have class until Wednesday. Scott Middle School has a week break after that, so in the next two weeks I'll only have to teach three times. I actually enjoy teaching, but I'm excited because I get to sleep in (although sleeping in now means getting up at 8)!
Tonight, Matt and I are going to see Seinfeld at the Lied Center of Performing Arts, which is near downtown/campus. I've never seen a celebrity comedian do stand-up so hopefully it will be a lot of fun.
Tomorrow we're leaving for Kansas City until Monday afternoon. We've more or less finalized what we want to see and do there. These activities include going to the Plaza, which is fourteen blocks of high-end shops and downtown touristy sites, going to the Nelson-Atkins Museum, eating at a French fondue place for my birthday, and going to the Isle of Capri Casino. The description of the casino reminds me of going to Caesar's Palace in Vegas, which is very impressive. I hope Isle of Capri is almost as nice as Caesar's Palace since we're only going to gamble with $20 each, and that'll leave us with plenty of time to walk around the casino. :) I heard from others that we should also check out Union Station and some jazz clubs, but we'll have to see how much time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment