Monday, October 18, 2004

My birthday...okay my birthday weekend really

This past weekend was super fun in Kansas City. I am so glad I checked my mail right before we went because I got a ton of cards! Thanks to those of you who sent me something. It made the drive to KC really enjoyable. I also got UsWeekly that day. Although it is a weekly magazine, I never know what day I'm going to get it, so that was also a good read in the car. Matt bought me speakers that hook up to my IPOD. He gave me this gift early so we could listen to music in the car/hotel. Good thinking Matt :)
We went to a fondue place for my b-day dinner called Melting Pot. It was really neat having the waitress set up the fondue at our table. We ordered cheese fondue for appetizers, then an entree course, and the best part was the dessert fondue. We ordered dark and white chocolate and had a tray of fruit to dip with, along with brownie pieces. Soo yummy. We also went to the Plaza, which reminds me of Somerset Mall, except it's a strip instead of all indoors. I don't realize how lucky I am in Troy until I go to all these shops and realize that they're all like 10 minutes from my house. People drive hours to see this stuff! Even so, I had to go into a few select stores just to browse around, such as J.Crew, Anthropologie, and Tiffany's. Matt liked this one tiki/hawaiian shop where there were three wooden monkeys about a foot high acting out the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil." We also checked out a few museums and the Union Station. Lastly, we went to Cheesecake Factory today before leaving for Lincoln. It was a fun trip for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment