I received my school assignment and it is indeed at Scott Middle School. I'm not sure whether I'll be teaching 7th or 8th grade. When I actually look for a job, I will be looking at high schools for the most part. The school is about five miles away, which is FAR compared to the 6 blocks I usually go to campus. The middle school is actually in a pretty nice area, away from downtown, and in a nice residential area. Actually, the area is very nice considering there's a country club down the road! My first day is Tuesday!!
As for the weekend, Matt and I are going to check out the state fair. I love carnival rides like the Gravitron, the flying swings, and the Tilt-a-whirl. I wonder if the carnies will smell like cabbage and/or have small hands, haha. Anyway, I heard the fair sucked last year, but this year everyone has been talking about how great it is since its opening last weekend.
Sidenote: I had spinning again yesterday and it was such an incredible workout. I never sweat, EVER, and I could've used a towel last night. Also, I'm not that sore, so I must be getting used to it. I also switched Upper Body Blast for a Step class since UBB made me yawn the other day. That's not a good sign :)
My mood sign is "sick" because my allergies are in full swing. I loooovve septembers and ragweed :P
No comments:
Post a Comment