This week went by pretty fast. I'm really getting used to waking up early and teaching. I give the warm up lessons every other day and correct homework, quizzes, and tests almost daily. Since my partner and I wrote the quiz we gave today, we get to go over the answers in class tomorrow and explain what common mistakes we saw. For some reason no matter how often Barb (the teacher that I'm working with) drills the 8th graders about not forgetting negative signs, they still manage to leave them off! Crazy.
I have a an RA Staff Retreat tomorrow evening. Originally we were supposed to do something overnight, but because of everyone's busy schedules, we had to minimize it to mandatory dinner and games. I might duck out before the games though because I have a lot of studying to do with my modern algebra test coming up on Tuesday. Plus I want to get ahead on reading for all my classes since Stephanie is coming to visit the weekend after! YEAH!
To end, here's a funny joke from Leno's monologue yesterday:
"Iraq had it's first public baseball game the other day. Hopefully an incident like the one we had here, [with the angry player hitting the guy in the stands] doesn't happen there because they don't want the Shiite to hit the fan."
I thought that was clever.
No comments:
Post a Comment