Friday, September 10, 2004
Donating
Stephen M. Ross gave $100 million to the University of Michigan Business School. It's the largest donation given to any business school, and the largest donation to UM in general. I think that was very generous of him and it's always cool to see a fellow alum who is so successful. If I were to have a ton of money I would love to donate money to my alma mater, but I would give at least half of the money to an organization that needs it. I'm not knocking Ross' donation, a donation to a college is always a charitable thing to do. However, I would be more willing to give money to a youth organization such as Make A Wish Foundation or to inner city schools because the children have no control over their lives and the situation they are in. Since I don't have the means to give anything at the moment, I hope someday I can make a difference, whether it's being a good teacher or donating a ton of money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment