Wednesday, September 8, 2004

yada yada yada

Student Teaching at Scott Middle School has been fun so far. Today was my second day there and I'm already starting to pick up the students' names in the two classes I'm there for. Third period is the teacher's prep so she goes over lesson plans and the logistics of school stuff with Jake and I at that time. The first day, we basically observed. The students are in eighth grade and are learning exponents and using variables. I can't remember someone teaching me this basic stuff, but it happened at one time! Today we actually helped students while they were doing classwork. I walked around the class and some of the students called me "teacher," it was so cute!
In other news, Matt and I got tickets to see Seinfeld. Seinfeld is coming in October around my birthday, so it'll be nice to see him do some live stand up. I hope he's as funny as those stand up jokes he used to do during his show!

No comments:

Post a Comment