Saturday, September 4, 2004

State Fair

The State Fair last night was really fun. I hadn't been to a state fair in ages. I think the last time was in middle school at the Michigan State Fair. (The Troy Daze Fair doesn't count, although it is just as fun!).
When we got there the place was deserted and it was starting to look very boring, but we found an information booth and we had to go a few blocks to the "Main Street" of the fair. We saw goats and pigs, which were cute from a distance, but then we got close and they were not so cute. All the rides were there of course. We went on the swings, which is a personal favorite of mine. I wanted to go on the gravitron and Matt wanted to go on a ride that was like the tower of terror, but they were charging $4 per person per ride so the swings were all we went on. There was this ride I had never seen before where it's like the octopus in terms of movement but you're on your stomach like a hang glider. That looked cool.
In the produce/commerical tents we saw a 400lb pumpkin! We also went to a booth where they had a new kind of ice cream called "nitro". Apparently after the cream is made it takes 1 second to freeze it into ice cream. Therefore the ice cream never has the ice crystals that form through the freezing process. I thought it tasted like any other ice cream, but Matt thought it tasted creamier than usual. The best part was the food carnival-style food. I had a hot dog with sauerkraut, yummm. I'm surprised Matt doesn't like kraut since he's German and all, but I guess I don't like all Indian food. We also split a funnel cake and a fried twinkie! The twinkie was good, but it was probably the worst nutritional food I've ever had.
Later that night we watched 50 First Dates. It's a good Adam Sandler romantic comedy, despite what the critics say :)
Today we're going to a sports bar to watch the Michigan game. I'll probably be doing homework. And then we'll go to the stadium for the UNL game!

No comments:

Post a Comment