Thursday, June 3, 2004

JD's

Last night I went to JD's piano bar with some people. Heather had heard that it was pretty packed on Wednesday and she was right since there was a line to get in. People between 18-20 years old had to pay a $10 cover charge. The only time I had to pay that much was when Matt, Belal, Becky and I went to XS in Detroit. I didn't expect Pontiac to have a steep cover. Luckily I'm 22 and only had to pay $3. It was "dueling piano" night so there were two pianos and the pianists fed off each other during the songs. They played older stuff like Tom Petty and John Mellencamp (who I love!). They also played newer stuff by Limp Bizkit, etc. I didn't think you could play songs like that on a piano, but the drums helped it sound better.
Heather and I also booked our hostels for California yesterday. I've never stayed in a hostel so staying somewhere for $20 is a great price for me. I'm more excited about the hostel we're staying at in L.A. because it's near Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment