Sunday, June 6, 2004
Lost Baggage
I have never had my baggage lost by an airline before . When we go on family trips, it's usually my sister that has the missing baggage, and that only happens once in a while. Well my trip from Detroit to Omaha with a stop in Chicago was a bit too complicated for the baggage handlers. I felt like Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents in the missing baggage area, except that a baby did not spit up on me (phew!). The lady said that my baggage was still in Chicago and since the airport codes of Chicago (ORD) and Omaha (OMA) both start with an "O," the handlers probably figured my baggage was getting off in Chicago. Hmmm, aren't the airport employees supposed to look at all three letters and not just the first one? Anyway, so United Airlines sent the bags from Chicago to Omaha on the next flight. Since I'm in Lincoln, and there is no service for a runner to drive to Lincoln, the airline sent my bags on a flight from Omaha to Denver and then from Denver to Lincoln. So I finally got my luggage today around 1pm. It's been very frustrating having to call the airline several times in the past 24 hours and not having a lot of my stuff with me. Luckily my friends have let me borrow a LOT of stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment