Today was my mom's birthday. [Happy Birthday Mom!] I sent her a card a while ago and luckily she received it on Saturday. I never know when to send cards because sometimes the post office is fast and sometimes it can be very slow. My brother thought we should get my mom a zester. It's a cooking utensil that skims surfaces, such as lemons, to put a little "zest" in the cooking. My sister said she already had one, but my mom had been commenting on how she liked Rachel Ray's zester. Rachel Ray is the host of 30-minute meals on the food network. I started watching her show after being home last month. It's actually a very practical show and since my parents watched it, I kind of got into it. I am a horrible cook and since the recipes Rachel goes through look pretty easy, and obviously fast, I feel like I could learn a lot from her.
I'm not sure if I wrote this in my journal yet, but I bought a scanner. I found a great deal on a Canon scanner and after rebates and free shipping it comes out to be around $39. To make sure this wasn't a horrible product I actually did some research on it. It's supposed to be a good model. The free shipping is from Amazon so it's not like Canon is trying to get rid of these things. I received it today so I'm going to scan a few pictures over the weekend and see if it really is all that.
In other news, the Pistons won the NBA Championship! I'm sure this is not really news, but maybe it is for some. It always feels good when Detroit wins something, whether it's the Red Wings or the Lions, etc. I feel it might be a while for a Lions championship though!
No comments:
Post a Comment