Tuesday, June 8, 2004

You can meet anyone at Wal-Mart

I thought my face wash was discontinued since I checked several places where I've gotten it before, and I have still yet to find it. I went to the company's home page to find a list of locations where they sell this particular product. Apparently they now sell the foam wash at Wal-Mart and some stores I haven't heard of. Anyway, after classes today I headed to Wal-Mart. We don't have a Wal-Mart near Troy, (it probably has something to do with the fact that the K-Mart headquarters is in our city!) so I was totally lost with the setup. Don't ask me why facial products are not near toothpaste or q-tips.

My frustration was put on hold when this random lady came up to me in the kitchenware department. She said she had a really weird question for me, and I'm thinking she's going to ask me where something is and I won't have the slightest clue! However, the pretty lady told me she worked for Mary Kay and needed one more girl for the next Mary Kay issue. I would get free Mary Kay stuff regardless of whether I made it in the issue or not. I can bring a friend, but she would not be considered for the issue. Also, either way, I get a free makeover. I had no idea Mary Kay had any sort of magazine, but after talking for a while she said it was more like a Mary Kay brochure and it would just be for the state. She gave me her card and wanted to know what I was doing tomorrow. This was very overwhelming so I told her I'd give her a call. It sounds fun so I will probably do it.

After this weird encounter I finally finished shopping. However, the Wal-Mart staff informed me that they too will not be carrying my foam wash anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment