Monday, June 14, 2004

The Pistons

I love how the Pistons have been dominating the Lakers throughout the series. Even though the Lakers have won one game, it ended in overtime, which means it could've been anyone's game. I didn't realize that the history of the Lakers is pretty impressive and many predicted we would lose. In the last 44 years, the Lakers have participated in the Finals 22 times. I feel as if this team can be correlated to the Yankees somehow. (Since my knowledge of sports facts is pretty limited, I could be off on this.) They seem to "steal" all the good players from different teams and then have themselves a "super team." Before the finals, many sports analysts were saying that the Lakers would win Game 1 in a landslide, and possibly sweep in the series since they were "made" to win. However, it is the Pistons who went on to win Game 1 and now we're up 3-1 in the series. Maybe this will stop people from worshipping the Lakers like Gods and acknowledge Detroit as a city with a good team as well.

In an unrelated topic, several people (99% of these people were of course female) have asked me what Mona's ring looks like. It is a platinum band with a 1 carat emerald cut diamond. There are a few baby diamonds encrusted on either side into the band. If you can't picture this from my description, here is an actual picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment