Sunday, April 4, 2004

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The subject heading was the movie we saw last night. I was expecting it to be a little weird since it was more of an independent film type movie. It was actually really good. It's about a man played by Jim Carrey (one of my favorite actors) and his girlfriend, played by Kate Winslet, who break up and so then erase each other from their memories. The "procedure" of erasing memories in itself is cool because since it isn't really done in real life, the writers got creative on how it was done and what the patient is thinking while he undergoes the operation. The acting was really good too (Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood are in it also) so it's a must-see movie. The title of the movie comes from Alexander Pope's poem Eloisa to Abelard where it goes "How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd." Although others may disagree I believe the movie shows how humans have faults and that is okay; to err is human. To appreciate the good, one must experience the bad. Hmm maybe I should be a movie critic :)
This morning I slept until 11am, and even though that's really 10am with Daylight Savings, I still felt like a bum. So I'm going to be studying non-stop today. After Tuesday my life will be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment