Thursday, August 5, 2004

One more year of school

On Friday I will be heading back to Lincoln for my last year of graduate school. I'm a little nervous about my practicum and student teaching after that, but I know I'll get the hang of it.
I'm excited for a lot of things in the coming year... graduation, my sister's wedding, my brother's high school graduation, Matt and I finding jobs and figuring out where we're going to end up, etc.
I guess the first hurdle is driving back on Friday. It's a 12 hour trip and it seems to take FOREVER. I have a bunch of crossword puzzles, CDs, and magazines to occupy my time. Matt can drive for hours without getting tired, my max driving time is probably 3 hours (4 if I'm really awake) and then I need a break for at least a few hours before I start up again.
Although Matt says his car is in okay shape, I hope it gets us there since it almost has 100,000 miles on it! My dad says that GM cars last about that long before starting to have many problems. Hopefully the Intrigue lasts until Matt can afford to buy a new one. We might fly back during winter break instead of drive to reduce the wear and tear on his car. We shall see.
Anyway, I'm packing and running errands today and then I'll be in AA tonight.
Goodbye Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment