Sunday, August 15, 2004

Olympics, Voting, Dad's Birthday

I've been watching the Olympics sporatically and it seems like Australia is racking up medals faster than any other country. Since when has Australia been some huge sports threat?? China and Japan have also been doing well. I always thought Germany and Russia were really good, but maybe that's in the Winter Olympics. I like watching women's gymnastics. I noticed that the girls on our team are pretty old. Usually the girls are in their mid-teens because there bodies are at their optimum level; they are strong enough but not completely through puberty. However, we have women in their 20's. I just hope that doesn't have a great effect on our chances at winning! I kind of want to watch table tennis also because I'm always amazed at how much hand-eye coordination is involved when the balls are going back and forth so fast. Matt and I have a ping-pong table in the basement and we can barely go back and forth more than 5 times before we miss the line or go off the table!
I saved some comics a while back that I thought were really funny. I'm talking back to when Edwards was named the VP candidate for John Kerry.

I think it's really important for people to vote, especially my generation since that is the demographic least likely to vote. Whether you're republican, democratic, for or against the issues, it is important to exercise your right. Sometimes it seems as if one vote doesn't count, but if everyone thought that, we wouldn't have any voices out there! So that's my opinion on that situation.
In other news, it's my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment