Sunday, August 22, 2004

5K Walk/Run

I am so ready for classes to start on Monday. I've gotten my books, printed out my schedule, organized my desk, etc. Luckily my practicum starts at 10am this week. We'll be getting our school assignments and what time we need to be at the public school a little later. Since most schools start around 7:30am and we're most likely going to be teaching 1st or 2nd hour, I will have to train myself to get up ~6 everyday (gasp!). I'm used to a sleeping-in college lifestyle, so this is probably a good change for me. We'll start out teaching about one day a week while observing. By the end of the semester we're supposed to have full control of the class, including grading papers, making tests and most importantly the lesson plan, while the teacher observes. Very cool, and very scary!
Today Matt and I ran (ok we mostly walked it!) Coach Callahan's 5k in support of raising funds for juvenile diabetes and the UNL libraries. My fellow friends got me into it, and it was really nice to do something like this for a good cause. I think it's also a good way for our new football coach (obviously, Coach Callahan) to become more integrated with the city and the school. I'll put some pictures up later because I still have to finish the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment