I was excited to end training today. We had an end-of-training banquet and every complex staff was there, which is over 100 people. Dr. Z is the director and he was supposed to give a speech, but he called at the last minute saying he couldn't make it. Who does that? I was a little disappointed because he spoke at the end of training last year and he's a pretty entertaining speaker. So one of the RD's had to make an impromptu motivational speech. It wasn't bad for being put on the spot. I didn't realize that most of the staff was going to be dressed up. I did not get that "memo" so it is definitely not my fault. If I knew people were dressing up I would have gladly done so since I love doing that sort of thing. I picked today to wear overalls! I haven't worn overalls in over 3 years and so that was just not a good idea.
Matt was working on his moot court stuff at the law school and since the end of the year banquet was on east campus where he is I was going to call him afterwards to pick me up. Luckily I found a ride though since he was deep in thought and didn't hear the ringer when I called. He felt so bad but I thought it was just funny. His car starter works horribly anyway. I think he needs to get it fixed but he thinks the problem will just go away. haha
For dinner we went to Wasabi, which is a sushi place. We heard good things about it, but their service was terrible. There was one waitress for the whole restaurant (10-12 tables) so we could never get her to refill pop and our order took a half hour! On Iron Chef, sushi takes about two minutes. We won't be going back there.
I've been going to sleep early these days, which I guess is good training for when I start my practicum in a few weeks! I'll be refreshed when I have to teach kids about the joys of math!
No comments:
Post a Comment