A lot of people on campus are talking about graduation. I'm not graduating this spring (I'll be graduating in May 2005 with a masters in education, a teacher's certificate, and a math minor!), but it made me feel all nostalgic for my undergrad days. It's weird being part of the graduate community since all of the activities like greek week, student government, and even sports, are centered around the undergraduates. When I was an undergrad I thought graduate students just studied all day and were much older. Not that I am one, I actually just blend in with everyone on campus, and people I meet are surprised I am a graduate student. It's probably also the fact that I look really young. When I start student teaching, I hope people don't mistake me for a high school student! Maybe when I get a Ph.D. and become a professor, I'll be old enough to look like one! haha
Speaking of graduation, my sister graduates Tulane Law School in May! I am so proud of her. Unfortunately I can't go to the graduation, but I'll definitely be visiting her down south at some point. She still has to visit me too :)
Well because I'm reminiscing and all of my scanned pictures are old, here's a picture of MY graduation day. Stephanie and I had a blast that day. Governor Jennifer Granholm spoke at the ceremony and then our families had a wonderful Italian dinner at Argerio's!
No comments:
Post a Comment