Friday, March 19, 2004

The Zoo

It was a super nice day outside so Matt and I decided to go to the zoo. On the way over, we took two cars so I could drop my Saturn Ion at the dealership (Apparently my car was recalled because they have to reinstall fuel filters). Anyway, the Omaha zoo was amazing. It is supposed to be third in the country after the San Diego and Toledo zoos. Because this zoo is open year round, a lot of exibits were inside big complexes. The best complex was the "Desert Dome" where they recreate a lot of different habitats within the desert. Matt and I both got a kick out of the bearded lizards; they were so weird! There's also a nocturnal desert area, which was also really cool. Another exhibit I liked was the rainforest area. It's the biggest indoor rainforest in North America. Very impressive. After we walked around the zoo for hours we were really tired and decided to watch "Into the Deep" at the IMAX theater. We had a long day, but it was really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment