I'm thinking that this semester will be a pretty busy one. I have two professors that love to give out homework weekly. One of the problem sets was 5 pages long and the other took me 2-3 days to figure out. That's graduate math for you. I went to one of my professor's office hours yesterday and we had an amazing talk. I'm one of those people that go to office hours a lot, and by that, get to know the professors well (at least for the harder courses). I someday want to have a job like Professor Wiegand (pronounced weekend). She travels to all these math conferences, her last one was in Austria, is a professor at a good school, and has a family. She did it all, and that's exactly what I want to do.
She advised me to start a Ph.D before "settling down" and now I'm confused because I was going to do that later. I told her about my plans to go back to Mich, and she knows of some people in the math dept. there so I might as well look into that. I'm still going to student teach in the fall and teach high school after that while I figure things out.
I took a dance party class yesterday. It combines dance steps with aerobics. It was pretty fun, but I think I'm too sore to go spinning today. I didn't realize how intense it would be and how out of shape I have gotten! So maybe spinning the day after dance party isn't a good schedule...
No comments:
Post a Comment