Yesterday I had a lot of work to do, but I did get a subject done and I will be rewarded by doing more problem sets, but for a different class, today. :( I haven't been working nonstop though, Matt and I finally got to see Meet the Fockers. We had to have some fun on our long weekend! The movie was okay. There were a lot of funny moments, but Meet the Parents was better. I never really expect the sequels to movies to be better than the first. There are a few exceptions, like my favorite Scary Movie was Scary Movie 3, probably because I had seen all the movies they were spoofing, and the Wayans Brothers weren't in it. I can't think of another exception right now, but I'm sure there are a few more.
After the movies, we went to Starlight to help celebrate my friend Ashley's b-day. Her boyfriend's birthday was a few days after her's so we were really celebrating both. It was a really fun time, and I'm sad that Matt and I won't be able to spend much time with them after we graduate since we'll be moving back to Michigan. They did promise to come visit, if not for our wedding, then soon after.
Everyone at Ashley's b-day festivity were coupled up. I've definitely noticed that people here always have a boyfriend, fiancee, even husband. I think the reason is that they tend to settle down earlier (more of them get married right after college), and it's also because I'm around grad students not undergrads anymore! Hmm, just an observation.
I should get back to my work. If I finish then I have some reading to do either tonight or tomorrow for my Masters Seminar class. What a vacation :)
p.s. Go Indianapolis Colts!
No comments:
Post a Comment