Friday, January 21, 2005

Indian Trip

My mom left for India yesterday afternoon. She probably won't get there until later today. She did the route from Detroit to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to New Delhi. Together, the flights take about 15 hours, very LONG. I remember taking trips to India. One time we went through Seattle and stayed a few days there, then went to Tokyo, Bangkok, then New Delhi. That was a fun trip. We also did a trip through Hong Kong. I guess there are a ton of ways to get to India. We usually fly Northwest/KLM/Air India when we do the trips, so that limits the cities a bit.
So my mom will be abroad until Feb 9th. She's getting my sister's wedding invitations, among other wedding stuff. Indian wedding invitations are very elaborate. People hand-make them and there's gold embroidered into the cloth. If you ever have a chance to go to an Indian wedding, I suggest you do so, because it's really something. Weddings are very sacred, and a lot is put into them. Unlike the U.S., divorce is rare, even if some marriages are still arranged. My mom is also seeing family and such. I hope some of them can come to the wedding because I haven't seen them in years.
Although I usually don't see my mom while I'm at school, she seems even further away now that I know she's halfway around the world. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment