Sunday, January 9, 2005

Reality TV Thoughts

Tomorrow I start my last semester as a graduate student. I'm turning in the application for my graduation/diploma tomorrow, yeah! If you hear of any job openings for a math teacher, let me know :)
I will have Monday night staff meetings this semester, but for some reason we don't have one tomorrow, and the following week is a holiday (MLK), so our first meeting is near the end of January. This means I can watch the first few episodes of the Bachelorette and not have to tape it. Matt and I pick who we think is going to win in any reality show we watch, we did for the past bachelor/ettes and we did for the Apprentice as well. I'm pretty good at figuring it out; my pick gets at least to the second to last round. And I actually picked Jen Schefft to win the Bachelor, and she did. The relationship didn't work out (i'm shocked!) and so now she's the next Bachelorette.
One of the worst previews I've seen for a reality show is "Who's your daddy" or something like that. It's where an adopted person, or a person who has never known their dad, has to figure out who their biological father is. Sheesh, networks will cross any line to get ratings. The worst reality show that I've actually seen was "My big fat obnoxious fiance," where some girl pretends this gross guy is her fiance and in order to get the money, has to persuade her parents she loves him and to come to the wedding, which is held in a few days. The girl's parents and siblings were so disappointed in her and were in agony for a few days. Everyone was crying every five seconds.
Reality TV is good stuff, but once in a while, I do feel bad for the people who get hurt and aren't the ones who signed up for the show. I still watch it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment