I watched Green Mile last night. It was very well done, but I was disturbed by the whole situation of a death row cell block. The inmates were crazy and some of the guards were corrupt, which I imagine is similar to real life. I'm not sure where I stand on capital punishment. I think under no circumstance is it right to kill, but then, I'm not sure how I would feel if I were personally involved and a guy had killed someone I love. Tricky... Hopefully I'll never have to worry about where I stand on this.
In other news, I was watching Oprah the other day. I think it comes on during Jeopardy so I rarely watch Oprah, even though when I do watch, I'm always entertained. Julia Roberts was on and she is great with audiences. Sometimes celebrities can be very good actors and are just a bore during interviews, such as Tom Cruise (who laughs like a hyena because he's always nervous) or especially Edward Norton (it's torture trying to stay awake during his interviews!). However, Julia Roberts was genuine and everyone was eager to hear what she would say next. She's in this movie coming out in December called "Closer." It is about two couples, Julia Roberts/Clive Owen and Natalie Portman(who was also a bore)/Jude Law, who are very happy together, but ex-lovers Julia Roberts and Jude Law carry on this affair that messes up everything. Normally I'm not into this kind of stuff, but hey it looks good.
I'm off to a student research conference for a few hours and take notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment