Matt and I went to Outback Steakhouse last night. We originally wanted to go to Grisanti's, which is supposed to be a good Italian place. Apparently all of Lincoln wanted to eat there as well and the wait was over an hour. So then we tried Red Lobster, but they also had an extensive wait. We were approaching Applebees but there were people standing outside waiting so we just turned around! We got to Outback and there was a 45 minute wait. We were tired and starving by this point so we just waited. I was so hungry that I ate more than I usually do of the appetizer and the complimentary bread. Usually if I end up eating more than a piece of bread and a bit of the appetizer I'll definitely end up with leftovers from my entree. Well this time, I had about one bite of my entree and was stuffed. I needed TWO boxes to take it home. I have never done that before...
After dinner, we rented some movies at Blockbuster. Matt and I somehow started talking about Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory during dinner (we didn't realize the movie wasn't called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until the worker at Blockbuster told us) and so decided to rent that for old time's sake. We also got the first season of Chappelle's Show. I watched some of it at home since my brother has it, and it was hilarious. We'll probably watch that one on Wednesday when our break begins. Chappelle's Show has sold more copies than any other TV show according to EW (yep it beat each season of Friends, Sex/City, etc.)
Anyways, so I totally forgot how great Willy Wonka was. It's really appealing to kids with it's easy plot and weird characters, but now that I'm watching it again as an adult, it's really educational. The Oompa Loompas always sing a lesson after a kid behaves badly and there are other subplots going on. And it's still funny! I think Tim Burton is making a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie that will follow the book more closely. Johnny Depp is going to be Willy Wonka (as of now); I can see him playing the character pretty well, but he can't beat Gene Wilder.
No comments:
Post a Comment