Sunday, November 28, 2004

Great Break

I had a great break! It was short, but still good. Our kitchen was remodeled these past few months so when I first saw it, I felt like I wasn't in my house because it looked really different. A good kind of different. Instead of going out for Thanksgiving dinner, we stayed in and made all the traditional fixings. My brother even made a pumpkin pie cake that was really yummy. It was like pumpkin pie, but there was a layer of cake under the pie. Then the fam went to see National Treasure. We got there early because Thanksgiving tends to be a big movie night. And we were right since the theater was packed, but luckily we found 5 seats together.
I also saw the sequel to Bridget Jones with Heather a few days later. It was funny, but they pulled out the same jokes that were in the first one, so it wasn't that funny the second time around.
On Saturday, I went out to dinner with Matt and his family. It was a celebratory type of dinner for our engagement. We went to Argerio's and even ordered a bottle of wine to celebrate.
Later that evening, I went out with Stephanie, Courtney and Dawna. We decided to take a cab to the bar, so we called the Blue Cab company. They told us it would be a half hour wait, but they didn't come until an hour and fifteen minutes after the call! We complained to the driver and the company, and they could care less that we had to wait that long. After our night, Dawna called the company again to pick us up and the guy who answered said that they would not provide the service to us! We couldn't believe that this company decides to drop people when people complain; talk about shooting themselves in the foot. Luckily there are a number of other cab companies and it wasn't a problem to give someone else a call.
Today, Matt and I hung out with Sabrina and company. Back to the Future II was on TV, so we caught a few minutes of that, and it looked really funny. Maybe we'll have to watch those movies because neither Matt nor I have seen them.
So now we're back in Lincoln. The weather people are predicting a winter storm tonight, so hopefully we get the storm and the middle school has a snow day, or we don't get much so I don't have to shovel my car out of the lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment