This upcoming weekend, Matt and I are driving to Oklahoma to watch them beat our team. I'm not being pessimistic, I really believe there is no way our unranked team can beat one of the top ranked teams in the country. Our quarterback and basically everyone else, but Ross, are so bad that it's like watching my high school team play (ok maybe a smidgen better). The drive is over 6 hours so we're going to leave on Friday after classes for the Saturday game. We have all day on Saturday before the 6:00pm kickoff to explore the wonders of Norman. A friend of a friend I met in San Diego over the summer actually goes to the school and gave me her number so she could recommend some restaurants/bars. I called her a little over a week ago, and she hasn't gotten back to me. So much for that contact. I will try calling her again later this week, but I'm not banking on her showing us around. Oh well.
If we lose this week we will be 3-4 in the conference and then HAVE to beat Colorado to be bowl eligible. Coach Callahan is new this year, so he'll probably get a lot of heat if we don't go to a bowl. He practically came in on a float at the beginning of the year since our team was bad last year (although not as bad as this year, surprisingly) and we needed someone who could remedy it. He had open practices, started a charity run to benefit the school and our libraries, and basically was very welcome in Lincoln. Now, people are really frustrated with him. I'm sure he'll stay, though, since I think we have some good recruits coming in next year (after Matt and I leave) and he'll have some talent to work with.
Here's Matt and I at the 5k Charity Run that will hopefully have a second chance to run next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment