Thursday, February 10, 2005

News of the Day

If anyone knows where I can get a CHEAP cell phone without switching plans let me know. My phone decided to die on me. I've had it for 5+ years so I got pretty good use out of it. People have told me to look into ebay or a cell shop not associated with a particular brand/carrier. I haven't done either, but I'll start doing my research this weekend. My mom might have an old phone I could use, but I just thought I'd try all my options.
My midterm went just okay. The actual problems were pretty easy and I understood how to do each one. However, as I was checking over my work I realized I had forgotten to do part b) of a problem. I ended up only going halfway on that step before I had to turn in my midterm. That makes me mad, because I knew how to do it and had time, but I didn't realize I had to do it until there was basically no time left. After turning in my test, my prof handed out the answers to it. I've always had to wait until at least the next class to see the actual answers so it was kind of nice to see what the answers were while my answers were fresh in my head.
I'm currently researching "guest teaching" positions over the summer. A lot of Oakland County districts, like Troy and Bloomfield, require teacher's certification and "recommend having a masters degree" to be a sub. Why would someone be a sub if they had certification and a masters?! They could just be a teacher! I remember when sub positions were open to all college graduates. So I'm applying to sub positions where I don't have to be certified (obviously). One such place is AA. Perhaps Steph won't mind if I crash on her couch for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment