Tuesday, February 15, 2005

In Good Company

Matt and I saw "In Good Company" the other day while everyone and their mother saw "Hitch." I do want to see that movie also, but In Good Company only had two movie times, which leads me to believe that it was leaving soon. Anyways, the movie was really cute. It has an independent sort of vibe, and it may very well be an indep. movie, so if one knows that going into it, one will be pleasantly surprised. The previews made it look like the whole movie was about an older guy who has a young boss going out with his daughter. This is all true, but the movie is much deeper. More relevant themes deal with work life and family life colliding, the older guy dealing with getting older, and the young boss dealing with corporate bureaucracy. I give it an A-.
In other news, I got an A on my first diffeq exam. PHEW!!! That made me very happy today. I also turned in my student teaching packet. My first few choices are Troy High, Avondale, and Bloomfield (either Andover or Lasher, whichever one is closer to me). I figured I should pick schools close to home since I'll be in Troy until Feb.
Sidenote: Heather cut 12" of hair off and is giving it to Locks of Love. I think that is so amazing and good of her.
Double Sidenote: I changed my buddy icon to the best character on MarioKart. WARIO! (Thanks for the userpic ) Although after playing Matt's game on Gamecube, I love the combination of Bowser and baby Luigi. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment