This past weekend went by really fast. Mona came to visit, so I spent most of my weekend with her and my family.
On Sunday, Matt and I met up with his family at The Whitney for brunch. The food was amazing and the place looked like a mansion. It was hard to believe something that beautiful was in the middle of Detroit! We then went to the Masonic to see Wicked. The play tells the story of the Wizard of Oz from the point of view of the Wicked Witch. It was cleverly done.
Yesterday, Mona and I went to see The Break Up. I wasn't expecting much because Jennifer Aniston was in it. But I was mildly impressed. The movie was more realistic than cheesy, and it had its funny moments. Definitely rent-worthy...I wouldn't say it's theatre worthy though.
I also read a few books, Mitch Albom's The Five People you meet in Heaven was really good. It's an interesting way of what happens after you die where five people that have influenced you explain your life to you. I also finished The Nanny Diaries. It's about a graduate student at NYU who takes nanny jobs to pay for tuition/rent. The parents are filthy rich and basically care more about themselves and how they look to upper-class society than loving their kids. It was really funny, and the parents were so pathetic. I thought it was weird how the main character's name is Nanny. Why would the author name her that?! The movie is coming out later this year with Scarlett Johansson.
On the job front, no leads. However, I am going to be tutoring a student for ACT/SAT prep for 5 weeks. That should be interesting.
I'm off to the library and then grabbing lunch with Jen.
No comments:
Post a Comment