Sunday, June 4, 2006

Summer is Coming

I am officially done subbing for the year. I really liked working at Avondale. They are not going to have a math position for next year, so hopefully this summer will be the time I secure a job. I've heard so many stories from teachers where they get hired a few days before school starts. I can't imagine waiting that long, sheesh.

I've decided to tutor this summer. That way I can work around my schedule if I have interviews to go to. I applied to a few tutoring companies and put up signs in the my building because there are a ton of families here. We'll see what develops.

I am so excited for Vegas! We're leaving at the end of the month and staying here. Even the smallest room, which is what we booked I think, looks amazing. We got a pretty good deal booking online through travelocity. I want to see Cirque De Soleil, but we're going to try to get last-minute tickets while we're there b/c they supposedly sell them cheaper.

I hung out with Steph and Courtney, and Courtney's friends Catherine and Sandra on Friday. Driving into AA is always tricky in the summer because of all the construction. The worst part is that M-14 is down to one lane for several miles and being behind a truck or slow car can up your drive by 10-15 minutes!

Today, Matt and I made Chicken Gyoza and tried edamame for lunch. It hasn't really grown on me yet. We ate them boiled and lightly salted. They look a little like peapods. The first time I popped a bean out, it went up and landed in my Kool-Aid. Matt laughed at me for a few minutes; it really was hilarious. We didn't eat that one, especially after it stayed red. haha I remember trying sushi and not liking it at first, and now I love it and try to eat it once a week. The other day, I thought I'd try eel sushi and it wasn't bad. I had Matt eat one, and he didn't mind it either. I'm glad more sushi places have been opening up, so I can just pick up an order of rolls for $5. I really like how all these new foods that people never used to eat in the US are so easy to find now. I love EVERY type of food, you name it, I'll eat it. Kids now are really lucky to be growing up with such a rich diversity of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment