We have been at our house since Saturday. We still have boxes and junk all over the place, but I expect this to be the case for a little while. We probably need to go to our apartment once or twice more for the last few things and then turn in our keys!
Moving is quite an experience. Sure I've moved from dorm to sublet to apt, etc. But it's nothing like owning a house. There are a lot of things to take care of. For instance, we found out our grass can't be more than 6 inches high and we are not allowed to have any weeds in our lawn as of June 1 or we get fined. We also are finding out how to take care of hardwood floors (we learned the hard way that we can't slide furniture anymore!). And now we need to buy a washer/dryer but I have no idea if we have a gas line or if we need to buy electric!
Back to the lawn thing, I had someone come over to give me a free estimate, and he found out we have poison ivy growing all over our garage and up our tree. I'm really glad Matt and I never decided to touch these things since they are right in our driveway. It made me think of that poem "three leaves let it be, berries of white, run in fright" that alerts you about poison ivy. Yep, did not make that connection!
Besides moving, we did try a restaurant/martini bar around here. It's called Amici's Pizza and the separate bar area is called the Living Room. They have a ton of martinis, but I wasn't a huge fan, despite several people telling me they were really good. They were $7.75 each and watered down. I do have to say that the setup was cute. There is an outdoor section with fountains and greenery and they put up lamps so there aren't any bugs! But the best overall martinis I've had have been Fridays (yeah, as in TGI), Starlight Lounge (in Lincoln) and Goodnite Gracie's in Royal Oak.
No comments:
Post a Comment