Our house is coming along! We had carpet installed on Thursday. It looks much better than the cheap carpet that was there beforehand. Although we think the installers busted our screen door so I'm going to have to call and see if they can fix that. I took pictures of our new carpet to post, but the pictures look so generic. You can't tell the real color or texture and it honestly could be the carpet that we had before.
We hadn't celebrated the acquistion of our house yet, so we went to Melting Pot Thursday night. We got cheese fondue, salads, and then chocolate fondue. Sooo good!
My allergies are out of whack today. It's been bothering me off and on lately and I think a great deal has to do with how dusty our house is. After an hour in the house and I'm already wheezy. After a few weeks of that and you have an allergy attack waiting to happen, which is what happened to me last night/all of today. But that doesn't mean I stop myself from going to the house. We're still devoting our weekends to getting it move-in ready. I'm so mean to myself and my lungs.
On the bright side, one of the things we finished today was having our air ducts cleaned. That should really reduce the amount of allergens in the house. We have to buy an air filter for our furnace and we're having MerryMaids scrub the entire house on Monday. After all that, I better not be sneezing from the dust!
Tomorrow we're going back to the house to mow the lawn. I have no idea how to operate the lawn mower that the previous residents left us. I know there's something about filling it with gas and pulling a crank. Hopefully Matt knows how it's done. Our lawn is a little embarassing. A month ago it was short and dead from winter. Now it's like a jungle, by far the longest grass around, of course complete with dandelions.
After Monday, we're going to line up a painter and then MOVING VANS!!! woo hoo! I have no idea where we're going to get boxes. I can't imagine buying boxes and then throwing them out the next day. I asked for boxes while we were at Home Depot and the lady said that they smash boxes as soon as they get them. And then I asked if she knew where the distribution center was that gave them the boxes and she said "no". Very helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment