We went to Central Park (picture below), Chinatown, and even got to see a Broadway Musical called "Sweet Charity." Christina Applegate starred in it and she was really good, and I loved the show. There were several songs in it that I knew, but I didn't know it was attributed to this musical, such as "Hey Big Spender", "If My Friends Could See Me Now", and "Rhthym of Life."
We went out every night to bars that Erin had gone to before. The best was the "Big Black Pussycat" or something like that, since we got to sit in the VIP lounge (pictured below).
We did a lot of shopping at H&M, and in SoHo. Apparently there was also a NoHo on the map, but who goes there?? I wanted to look at some wedding dresses at Vera Wang. Unfortunately there was a celebrity in that day so the store was shut down! We don't know who it was, but Courtney suggested it was Katie Holmes. Damn Katie!
We even had time to go out to dinner with my Uncle, his girlfriend, and my cousin. We went to a Noodle Shop and we were allowed to bring our own alcohol in. So my Uncle brought a ton of wine and a drink called Alize, which my friends now like.
Our Doubletree Hotel was really nice. We pricelined it for a pretty good deal, relative to the other hotels in Manhattan. This Doubletree wasn't like the ones around Michigan; it was very posh and trendy. We had cool furniture, and a plasma screen TV in our room. The throw pillows said "Sweet Dreams" on them (pictured below).
We had a really good trip! I had been to NYC tons of times, but it's different with friends. If you want to see my online album, just let me know and I'll send you the link.


No comments:
Post a Comment