Monday, April 27, 2009

Ick

I had a horrible night last night. I got a few waves of nausea around 6:00pm. I thought nothing of it and a few hours later I tried to go to bed early. I couldn't get to sleep because I was still nauseous. And that's when it all started. I was vomiting violently and going to the bathroom every hour or so. I cannot believe how much food we can hold in our bodies!

After midnight, still feeling horribly sick I told Matt that I was worried and wanted to go to the hospital to make sure the baby was okay. Matt was ready to go in a few minutes and we were on our way.

We reported to L&D (Labor and Delivery) since that is where pregnant women go no matter what the sickness. I am really glad we did a trial run last week for the hospital tour. We knew exactly what entrance of Beaumont to go to. I was admitted pretty fast and in triage I was hooked up to an IV and monitors. Luckily the baby monitor showed Baby H doing perfectly fine. I was given sugar water and Zofram through a drip to rehydrate and control the vomiting. And we came back home in a few hours. They assumed it was food poisoning and that we should throw away anything I ate yesterday. I am on a strict clear liquid diet for today and can introduce solid foods tomorrow.

I am feeling much better. I am supposed to let my body do it's thing, but at least I am not feeling horrible anymore, just a little weak and tired. The most important thing is that the baby is safe and might have not even known his momma was sick! Phew!

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got food poisoning too last night! Thankfully mine was not nearly as bad as yours, but taking my last exam this afternoon was absolutely terrible. Hope you and Baby H are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I am feeling much better today. I ate apple sauce and cream of wheat so far, yummy!

    Courtney- what a coincidence. I hope you're feeling better as well!

    ReplyDelete